Monday, July 9, 2012

Happy Birthday to my Momma!!!!

I just wanted to show you a cute little card that I made for my mom for her birthday. I picked up some Dear Lizzy paper especially for this project cuz i just loved the colors.

I forgot to take a picture of the flap that is under the cupcake. it has a hidden little sentiment for my mom. I used PTI's Birthdays by the Numbers set for the cupcake. I just liked the mixy matchy feel of this card and wanted to keep it fun and light. I also made sure to add a really cute sentiment inside and sprayed some mister huey's on the inside as well.

And with a cute birthday card like this I wanted to add a really pretty package for the envelope. It had to be girly and whimsical as well. So I used some supplies that I got over at Michelle Wooderson's store called "Made by Mish" (here) to make a funky and fun package for the card to fit in. And birthdays need confetti, too, right?!

so here is a pic of the outside packaging. It is a pretty white glassine sack that has some fun elements that I got from the Dear Lizzie paper as well as some from Michelle's shop. I also used some of my own stained ribbon and added some confetti in a see through bag to give it some sparkle and fun. :)  not sure if she opened it or not. Knowing my mom, she probably has it sitting on her desk unopened but preserved like a trophy of will power!!!

She loved her gift and she always tells me how much she loves my cards. But, she is after all my mother! :) 100% supportive all of the time.

Thanks for stopping in and hope your week is filled with smiles and confetti, too.

2 comments:

  1. I think your card is lovely. Good luck as your try new things and branch out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your happy & colorful card!

    ReplyDelete